Climb with a guide for the day. Vacation time is short!
Climb more. See more. Learn more.
This is a private climbing day with just your crew and your guide, learning and doing what you want with the time available.
8 Hour Guide Days are perfect for any level climber. We meet you, get geared up with all the needed climbing gear and put together a custom course with a reasonable pace for a day on the rocks. The longer days are well suited to building skills such as Lead Climbing or Self Rescue or for guests just looking for lots of great climbing on the classic routes of the area.
8 Hour Guide Days are offered at Mount Rushmore, Custer State Park and Devils Tower Climbing areas.
Exactly what you do with your time is up to you:
- Enjoy more summits.
- Climb more challenging routes than you might without a guide.
- Receive personalized instruction from experienced rock climbing guides.
- Work on skills such as lead climbing or self rescue. It’s your time to do what you want!
Guides select routes to match your ability or desire to master skills while climbing at any of our venues – Devils Tower, Custer State Park or Mount Rushmore.
- One person – $360 climbing in Custer State Park or Mt Rushmore
- Group of 2 – $270 per person climbing in Custer State Park or Mt Rushmore
- Group of 3 – $225 per person climbing in Custer State Park or Mt Rushmore
- Group of 4 – $215 per person climbing in Custer State Park or Mt Rushmore
- One person – Devils Tower $500 non-summit
- Group of 2 – Devils Tower $350 per person non-summit
- Group of 3 – Devils Tower $315 per person non-summit
- Note: Devils Tower summit attempts require a 2 day minimum. Because Devils Tower summit attempts start early in the morning, there is no time that day to check if you have the proper belay techniques and climbing skills needed. Since the staff of Sylvan Rocks depends on you, our guest, to properly react and catch us in the event of a fall, we want to climb with you in a more relaxed setting before a Tower summit attempt. No exceptions.